Look WHO Loves you, Valentines Craft.
- Brown paper (example: brown paper bag, craft paper, construction paper)
- Green paper, red paper & white paper
- Paper Plate
- Popsicle Stick
- Two Large Googley Eyes (optional)
- Pen, Crayon or Marker
- Acrylic Paint (White, Black and Orange)
- Glue or Paste
- Carrot (I used small baby bullet carrots)
Based on the age level of your child you can do some prep work so they can assemble their craft easier.
Preparing for the craft:
- First take your brown paper and tear out a circle with two points (triangles) at the top for the ears of the owl. Try to make his body roughly the size of your hand, then tear a longer rectangular piece for the tree branch.
- Cut a few leaves out of the green paper and two hearts out of the red paper. Cut a rectangle about 2"x3" size out of the white paper.
- HOW TO MAKE YOUR STAMPS: (PARENT ONLY) For the Owl's face: Take your apple and cut it in half from top to bottom. For the beak: Grab your carrot and cut about 1" off from the tip, then cut that in half. For the Feathers: You can use the same carrot cut another 1" off. If you need to round out the bottom you can. Cut that in half. For the claws: You can also cut about Another inch off the carrot and slice it length wise into four parts. (so you have thinner long pieces)
Let's Assemble it!
- Have your Child place the paper plate (Moon) on the table. Then Glue down your tree branch, the Owl perched on top, and the leaves.
- Start Stamping out your Owl. WHITE PAINT: Take the Apple and dip it into white paint. Stamp it on your owl to create his white face. (tip:You may need to use your finger tip to fill in empty areas.) Take your carrot for the feathers and dip it into the white paint and stamp it on your Owls chest.
- BLACK PAINT: Take your finger tip and dip it into the black paint and create black dots on your owls chest.
- ORANGE PAINT: Take your carrot tip for the beak and dip it into the orange paint then stamp it on your Owls face. Next take your longer carrot strips and dip them into the orange paint and stamp three lines onto the branch and your bird to make the claws.
- Glue your eyes or use your finger tips to create eyes for your owl.
- Use one of the hearts and Write what ever you want on it. (example: Love, Mom your child's Name) then glue it next to your owl.
- Glue the other heart to the top of your popsicle stick. Then write a love note on your white paper and glue it to the stick. Take the stick and tuck it with glue behind your Owl..... and TADA you are done!
We hosted a playdate at our home and created this craft. All the kids LOVED it! What a great way to show someone you love them. :)
Here are photos of all our friends finished HOOT-A-RIFIC Owls. ENJOY!