SHAKE . SHAKE . SHAKE
This is a fun and cute craft you can do to make music shakers
I have always wanted to create something cute out of the little fruit cups my kids eat.
Well here you go!
- Three Green Pipe cleaners
- Fruit Cup
- hand full of Pasta shells (any kind)
- Plastic baggy
- green food coloring
- hot glue gun
- Green Paper (trace the bottom of your fruit cup and cut out the shape)
- Googly eyes
- First you want to take the pasta shells and put them in the zip lock bag. Add a few drops of green food coloring and shake! Open the bag and let them dry.
- Take a sharp object and poke four holes in the side of your fruit cup. You want to try to make them opposite of each other. Then you want to poke two holes in the front side by side about a 1/4" apart. this is where the head will go.
- FOR THE LEGS: Next let your child string the pipe cleaners through the holes to the other side. Be sure to leave the same about on each side. fold the pipe cleaner from the outside back in through the hole and twist them in the inside. Do that on all four sides. You can add a dab of hot glue where the hole and pipe cleaners meet so they don't swing, and the turtles legs stay sturdy. Fold the feet up.
- FOR THE HEAD: Next take a pipe cleaner and fold it in half. Poke one side in one hole and the other side in the other from the inside of the cup twist the two ends together. then you can hot glue your googly eyes on the face.
- Take a few pasta shells and put them inside the cup. Be sure not to over stuff him or your pasta will not have room to shake.
- Take the hot glue gun and glue along the edge of the bottom of your turtle shell, take your green circle shape and place it on top.
- Emelia wanted a girl turtle so we added a flower to the top of her shell. You can decorate it or leave him as is.
Tada it is done! HOPE YOU HAD FUN!