Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My new Grey Living room

Pin It 
 I have had the same living room for quite some time so I thought it was time for some change. But it had to be on a budget so I started planning. 
I took this photo at night so the grey looks different





Here is my before photo

Things that I did to update our living room:

WALLS: Sherwin Williams - Dove Tail Gray 
Wall Pattern, Just like Emily from Jones Design Company I fell in love with Ballard Designs moroccan trellis curtains, but they were too costly for me so I thought I would paint the design on my main entrance wall.  I made my own template with a cereal box. I found the tutorial here: http://jonesdesigncompany.com/decorate/painted-wallpaper-a-tutorial/

NEW LIGHTING: The Chandelier came from lowes it is the Style Selections 3-Light Antique Bronze Crystal Chandelier http://www.lowes.com/pd_401897-2121-2836-CH-3_4294687726__
The Blue Globe Lamps came from Home Goods. 

TURTLE PETS:  My husband built the two story tortoise table under the front window. Using two old Grape Crates. Then for the water turtle we cut down the legs of our soffa back table and placed the tank on top to fit it nicely under the stairs

WINDOW TREATMENTS: I purchased the White sheer panels from IKEA and then I made the burlap drapes for about $45.00. I measured and cut then used fusion tape to make my top pocket and also to finish the bottom of the drapes. 

ARTWORK: I painted the awake my soul painting for my husband. It is a field in Georgia where he is from. Some of the other artwork is mostly mine or provided by my talented kids. My wall of memory Plaques are made by a Artist named Sid Dickens. I have been collecting his plaques for several years.

RUG: This was a Christmas present from my parents. I love anything chevron. It came from OverStock.com 

FURNITURE: My Blue cabinet used to be black. I spray painted it a beautiful Teal Blue sanded it a bit to distress it and rubbed the edges with a bit of brown.
 
FLOORING: We have had this flooring for a few years now and I ABSOLUTLLY love it!!
It is Ceramic tile made to look like wood flooring. They come in planks just like wood. But without the worry like you do with wood or pergo flooring. You don't have to worry about dogs or kids scratching it or even water damage. We previously had pergo and had lots of issues with water damage. Then one day the toilet in our downstairs bathroom split in half and water went everywhere. It ruined our pergo flooring. One of our neighbors had it and I fell in love. Alot of people who come over don't realize it is tile and are surprised when I tell them. I even had my housekeeper fooled. :
Now it isn't warm or soft like wood flooring is, but I would take a cold floor than a ruined floor any day.  

 
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment