For mothers day we decided to make my mom "Nana" to our kids a crafty gift.
- Popsicle sticks (roughly about 50ea depending on the size, I just got out my big box)
- Liquid Water Color. (you can also use food coloring and water or just watered down paint)
- A photo
- Card board
- Decorations Optional (buttons, gems, glitter glue, card stock letters)
- Hot Glue
- Styrofoam Block
- Cups for your liquid water color
- Glue (we used hot glue because we needed to have these dry quick)
Ok lets get started:
First prep your materials, give your kids the Popsicle sticks to dip them in the cups be sure to have them dip both ends. They can also paint these with a paint brush or even Q-Tips.
While they are doing that cut a circle into the card board and your photo as well. Glue them together.
Let your Popsicle sticks dry... I'm loving how some look tie dye.
Once they are dry cut them in half. (Be sure to leave a few sticks whole, you will need it for the stem of your flower and two for the front and back of your flower box. Line a few up across the front of your Styrofoam I cut my block so that it would be the length of a full Popsicle stick. I glued the full stick down across all the smaller ones, then glued that to the Styrofoam. Do that on all the sides. I also then added my Card stock letters to the front.
(See photo below)
Your next step is to glue your stem on to the back of your card board circle.
I did two sets of petals. First I glued down the half sticks.
Then I cut about a 1/4" off of the remaining sticks and glued those in between to fill in the gaps.
Then we decorated them with buttons.